Dr Frendi Li completed her Master’s training in clinical psychology with the University of Hong Kong, and obtained her PsyD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Surrey, UK. She is a Registered Clinical Psychologist in Hong Kong, and a Registered Practitioner Psychologist of the UK. She has worked in the mental health ﬁeld for many years, both in HK and the UK, before joining HKU. She believes in integrating psychological theories and research ﬁndings with clinical practice. Her research interests include psychological treatment efﬁcacy, child abuse treatment and prevention, transdiagnostic vulnerability factors, as well as psychological intervention for psychotic illnesses. Dr. Li has kept an active clinical practice, and has been heavily involved in the training and supervision of other mental health professionals in addition to clinical psychology trainees.
Research Internship Opportunities 2020
- ADHD group training
- Sense of coherence and self compassion in carers of individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Process of change in motivational interviewing
The internship will involve some combination of the following learning opportunities:
- review of relevant research materials,
- recruitment and scheduling of research subjects,
- data collection/ coding/ entry,
- preliminary data analysis,
- administering experiments/ training.
Please join us if you are:
- Interested in the above research areas
- Motivated in obtaining research experience in psychology and mental health
- Able to comprehend written Chinese and speak fluent Cantonese
- Good in English and organizational skills
- Able to use softwares such as SPSS, Excel and EndNote
Please send your CV to Dr. Frendi Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.